Sunday, November 11, 2012

Larry's Land

8"x10"
oil on panel


 Yesterday was quite windy. Even more so in the open fields of Hutto. I decided to paint some farm equipment and headed to a place I'd seen from the road. I was taking some photos when a truck pulled up. I wasn't sure who to ask for permission, so I was a little nervous. The man asked what I was doing and when I told him, he said he saw me from his house and asked his son if dove season was still open. He had allowed his sons friends to hunt on the property and I had noticed a lot of shotgun shells on the ground. Apparently season was over, so he drove over to check me out. After my explanation and several apologies, I introduced myself and shook his hand. He smiled and gave me permission to return. I gave him my card and told him about a painting of his house I had down a few months ago. That painting is titled "Hutto Silos". You meet some great folks while painting, but I'll make sure I follow protocol in the future. Thanks Larry!

No comments:

Post a Comment